www.chess5.com   www.chess5.com
Home |  Your Games |  Public Games |  Forum |  Calendar

Author
admin
Date
 2010-05-12 05:45
Can anyone tell me, who were Anand's seconds during the match against Topa?

Responses
   RE: Anand team
Author
Jack Maguire
Date
 2010-05-19 08:14
Here's a link to an Anand interview on his "human cluster" succour. Lol, Giri must be thrilled to see his name mentioned after such an elite triumvirate as Carlsen, Kasparov, and Kramnik.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6346

Author
Bob Armstrong
Date
 2010-05-17 11:09
Nice to see Anand be successful. I think Topalov is an exciting, attacking player, but I believe Anand is a more all rounded strong player.

I was pleased to see the organization of the championship go well, and that there were no shenanigans from Danilov. I think Toplaov is a decent person from all I've seen, and it is too bad he is thought of negatively by some, because of the " toiletgate issue " ( though some say he should have rebuked Danilov publicly on all that , if he personally didn't believe Kramnik was cheating ). Anyway, he will be in the next Candidates' Matches, and one can certainly not count him out on winning a third shot at the title ( though it will be tough with Carlsen and Kramnik in the pack ).

Bob

Author
Jack Maguire
Date
 2010-05-13 09:04
From Wikipedia:

World Chess Championship 2010

Seconds

Anand had the same group of seconds, who helped his preparation in World Chess Championship 2008: Peter Heine Nielsen, Rustam Kasimdzhanov, Surya Ganguly and Radoslaw Wojtaszek. Topalov's seconds were Jan Smeets, Erwin l?Ami, Ivan Cheparinov and Jiri Dufek.[16].