Here at Chess5, we respect your privacy and do everything we can to keep it that way. Below is a detailed outline of the type of information we collect, what we do with it. Feel free to ask questions by using the contact form.
* When you request a page, the server logs your browser name and version, IP address, operating system name and version, and the page which you came from. This data cannot identify you as an individual and is only used for statistical purposes. These logs are stored securely on our server with access on by myself and a member of staff of the host.
* Email addresses that are collected from newsletter sign ups are not sold or shown to a 3rd party. The address that are collected are only used for to send the newsletters out. You will not receive any messages that you have not asked to receive. You can easily unsubscribe from these newsletters at anytime you wish. The unsubscribing instructions are written at the bottom of every newsletter sent out.
* When a survey or poll is placed on Chess5, all the information is collected, compiled, and analysed on a aggregated basis. This aggregate data will may be publicly available and cannot be used to identify an individual.
* Cookies are used on this site by us, to make sure that you don't see something more than once. Example: If you see a pop up box then close it, you will not see this again, until you delete your cookies or we want you to see it again. Cookies cannot identify a specific individual.
* The data collected on sign up to the Forums are solely used for us to be able to ban users from signing up again, or if we need to contact you about a breach of the rules. Your IP address is collected in the forums, however only the administrator and moderators can see it. Your email address can remain private if you wish it to, however you must specifiy this in the sign up process. Any additional information that you supply will be publicly available, such as your location or date of birth.